Pregnancy: 28 to 30 Weeks

Hi friends and happy Friday! I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and excited that I'm finally "caught up" on the pregnancy reports with this post. Here's to a fun and relaxing weekend!

28 Weeks // March 2018

Baby center is telling me this week is officially the third trimester. Alrighty then!

This week is officially the week where my wedding ring is starting to feel tight on my finger. I can't remember if this happened during my pregnancy with H. But the other day as I pulled off my ring to do some weight lifting in our living room, I noticed how snug it was.

I had my gestational diabetes test this week. Chugging the clear container of glucose didn't seem so bad, surprisingly. Although, as I was leaving the appointment I did start to feel a little lightheaded from all that sugar. I was told that no news was good news, so after not hearing back from the nurse this week, I knew I passed (which was confirmed at my 31 week appt).

Looking for a bump-friendly interview outfit at 28 weeks

This is also the week where the midwifery center wanted to start scheduling me to come in every 2 weeks for appointments. Talk about an eye opener.

Making progress: Some friends of ours kindly donated their old toddler bed to us as their son got a new bed. Henry was SO excited to help Pete put it together and graduate to a "big boy bed." We are planning to have the boys share a room so that we can still have a guest bedroom for family and friends to come and visit.


Getting this taken care of truly helps me feel like we're a little closer to being ready for our new arrival.

Baby is: the size of an eggplant, ~15" long and 2.25 lb.

Baby movement: Seeing and feeling a baby move inside you is both crazy and so amazing at the same time. Often times I just want to know what little part it is that is making its way across my belly, especially when its some small hard surface. I imagine a knee or elbow, but it's more likely a foot.

What I'm wearing: I'll be honest, I'm regretting that I have some smalls in my closet as they were perfect for the first half of this pregnancy, but I'm firmly in the mediums camp at this point. Some of those smaller shirts simply aren't long enough anymore. At this point, I'm relying on some longer tanks to help me ride the wave.

Exercise: Because I've been unable to run for the last 10+ weeks, I find other small victories in my workout routine. Like exceeding 10K steps in a day, getting my heart rate over 150 during a strength workout, walking a few steep hills before dawn and feeling sore two days later from exercise.

A fun family walk w/ rock throwing on a sunny Sunday

Weight gained: 22 lb

I find it fascinating that I gained about 7 lbs in a month somewhere in the second trimester, but then literally stayed at the same weight for a month. The body is definitely doing things a bit differently this time around.

Names: We have 4-5 names that we both agree on and like and I imagine we'll go to the hospital with a few names as options like we did with Henry, although this time we won't have a girl list. I'm not a decisive person, so I cannot imagine having a definitive name picked out at this point.

30 Weeks // April 2018

Hello, heartburn. While I've had occasional moments of heartburn throughout this pregnancy, this week it really hit me several days in a row. Like two hours after having pasta for dinner. Ugh.

Literally every single customer at the running store asks me how I'm doing and/or when the baby is due. It's strange to say, but helping people get fitted for shoes seems somehow more comfortable now than it did in my second trimester. Or maybe it's just that I'm used to the bump by now?



My bump has reached that epic stage where it's making wearing regular clothing (jeans + a top) every day extremely frustrating. The belly bands on my maternity jeans just itch and many of my maternity shirts are becoming too short to wear. I am so ready for it to be sunny so I can just put on shorts, tanks, skirts and dresses.


Henry and Pete got colds after I got a mild one and while I'm thankful mine wasn't as severe, I feel bad for both of them. We went to Central Oregon for a long weekend to watch my brother and his girlfriend do the Peterson Ridge Rumble that Pete and I did last year. It was good to spectate and spend time with family.

Baby is: the size of a large cabbage at about 15-16" long and 3 lb now!

Weight gained: 25 lb

What else? It dawned on me recently that I should start thinking about a hospital bag and what I want to pack. And even more so, that I'd like to make a birth playlist. Just something that has a variety of chill and powerful songs that I really like to get me through hours of pain, boredom, waiting, etc.

I'm Group B Strep (GBS) positive, which means I'll need antibiotics within 4 hours of my water breaking. So even if labor isn't going super fast, I'll probably have plenty of time at the hospital. While this is a very normal thing for a good portion of women (25% of women have group B strep), I obviously wish I could have more time at home to labor and not be in a hospital room.


Okay, I think that's all for now! Pete and I have fun weekend plans in Seattle for my friend Annie's wedding. I can't wait to see everyone and celebrate Annie. She and I actually went on a 3-week European adventure together back in 2009.

Comments

That sucks that you are positive for GBS. They test you so early! We don’t get tested until 36 weeks at the practice I went to. I was negative which was nice. Has I been positive it wouldn’t have been a big deal because I was on an IV before, during and after delivery since I was on blood thinners and then pitocin.

We had one boy and one girl name. We only had one of each because we could only agree on one name... I wanted a back up but we could not agree on any. The boy name was easy as it is my dad’s name and the name of Phil’s parents first child who sadly died when he was almost 2 so it had meaning on both sides (we asked his mom for permission to use it and she was very honored. We surprised my dad and didn’t tell him until Paul was born as we knew he would be honored and happy that we used it).
Amber said…
Walking was my saving grace during pregnancy! I aimed to get at least 10k steps a day from June 1 - August 30 and was successful with that but it got tough near the end. I was also positive for GBS but luckily here they let you get your antibiotics dose and go home so that was nice as that allowed me to labour at home for about 8 hours after my water broke.
Leigh said…
You look great! I was the same as you in terms of needing bigger sizes the second time around. And dresses were the best near the end.

Popular Posts